Thursday, June 21, 2012

Letter to Dad

I am grateful for the reproof you gave to me throughout my life.  Sorry that all of my letters and emails have to be "teaching moments" but this is just what the mission has trained me to be.  I am eager to solve problems, not create them.  The words "why me" or "why my family" or any other questions of the sort seem to destroy faith and yield very little results.  Instead the words, "I can" and "I will" seem to bring a special power into our lives that flows through everything we do.  God does not intend for us to know it all or do it all in this life.  This is just merely a boost.  Moving forward with faith will bring peace and solace when we understand that if we are just obedient and diligent, we will be changed and our countenance will bear the image of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment